Armitage Auctions information on selling and buying, together with our sale terms and conditions.
We sell all manner of goods from antique furniture and collectors items, to modern household furniture, china, glass, metalwares, handyman items, books, art, and even motor vehicles, boats, caravans, trailers and much more... If unsure about any item you are thinking of selling, please contact our office. Please contact us to discuss our commission rate as this can vary depending on what your are selling.
We can also assist you:
- with arranging cartage of your items, if required
- providing a valuation, if requested
- packing, sorting and removing items to our auction rooms
Please be aware that vendors of goods are paid out approximately 8-10 working days after the auction.
For further details or information, please contact one of our Senior Auctioneers:
Terry Bell: (03) 6326 2555
We hold regular antique, collectables & general household contents online auctions every three weeks in our White City Auction Rooms at 9 Goodman Crt in Invermay, Launceston.
Our Auctions are advertised in the Launceston Examiner, front section of the newspaper on the Saturday prior to each auction. You may thoroughly inspect all items in our rooms for a minimum of three to four days before the auction. Catalogues with photos of all items in our auction are uploaded approximately 5 days before the close of auction lots. if you require further information on any lot including condition reports, additional photos or measurements, etc… contact us by phone or email.
When leaving a bid online we will not be held responsible for any error made on your behalf. All items must be paid for within 2 working days following the auction and collected in a similar time unless other arrangements are made with us. We accept cash, eftpos, credit card (1.5% surcharge), direct deposit into our trust account. We charge a buyers premium on all items purchased at auction of 16.5% plus GST (1.65%) which makes a total of 18.15% on top of the hammer price.
We can also arrange transport for your purchases if required, either in Tasmania or Interstate... Please contact us on (03) 6326 2555, for further details.
CONDITIONS OF SALE ONLINE AUCTIONS
Written by: an Armitage Auctions Administrator
Dated from 4 April 2020: change of terms, payment terms including direct deposit.
1. The highest bidder shall be the purchaser should the reserve be met at the closing of all online auction lots. If the highest bidder has not met the reserve their (offer) will be put to the vendor for consideration at the discretion of Armitage Auctions. The ultimate purchaser may be determined by the Armitage Auctions, whose decision shall be final or the lot or lots may be re offered again.
2. Payment must be made in full by close of business within 2 days following the closing date of our Online Auction.
3. The whole of the lots having been viewed online and available for condition reports, no allowance, refunds or returns will be made, nor will any buyer be permitted to reject any lot on the ground that is not correctly described, the said lots are to be taken with all faults (if any) and will be at the buyers risk on close of Auction and thereafter the Vendor will be free of all responsibility for safe-guarding the goods and will not be liable for any loss of or damage to the goods whether such loss or damage is caused or contributed to by any act, neglect or default of the Vendor, employees or agents.
4. Any deficiency in the quantity described shall not vitiate the sale but neither the Vendor nor the Auctioneers shall be accountable for the deficiency, damage or loss which may arise after goods leaving the premises.
5. In the event of non-compliance with any of the above Terms & Conditions, all monies paid by the Purchaser shall be absolutely forfeited and the goods purchased may be sold, either by Public Auction or Private Contract, without notification at the risk and expense of the former Purchaser who shall be liable for any deficiency which may arise together with all costs and charges, but shall not be entitled to any profit which may accrue from such resale. Furthermore all items sold remain the property of the Vendor until such time as lots are fully paid for and any payment cleared.
6. The Auctioneers are selling as agents for the respective Vendors of all lots. A commission is charged to the Vendor. The Auctioneers do not warrant the title to any lot and shall not be responsible for deficiency in any such title.
7. All lots purchased can be collected by courier during opening hours after payments have cleared. Armitage Auctions can pack & post smaller items (or) deliver such lots (Launceston suburbs only) for a fee.
8. Purchaser shall be responsible for cartage and storage costs incurred should they fail to pick up goods 7 days after items have been purchased unless prior arrangements have been made.
9. A Buyers Premium of 16.5% + GST 1.65% - (18.15% total) is payable by the purchaser on top of the hammer price on all lots sold.
10. Armitage Auctions may choose not to accept the bid of any person or persons.
Our Payment Terms:
Visa, MasterCard, Bankcard, EFTPOS (all CREDIT payments will incur 1.5% credit card fee)
Or direct deposit to:
PLEASE USE YOUR NAME & BUYERS NUMBER AS REFERENCE
(funds need to be present in our account) prior to delivery - (03) 6326 2555
[Please note: our online auctions are held on a Wednesday on every third week, specialty and onsite auctions are held periodically throughout the year, and our auctions are advertised in the front section of the Launceston Examiner (our local paper) on the Saturday prior to the auction].
Disclaimer & Privacy
The site is owned and operated by the proprietors of Armitage Auctions. The material included herein, including text and graphics, and the selection and arrangement thereof are © copyrighted by Armitage Auctions - All Rights Reserved.
No material from www.armitageauctions.com may be copied, reproduced, republished, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. You may print in hard copy portions of this web site with the sole intent of using the information to benefit your knowledge and experience at Armitage Auctions. Printing material for any other reason, or transferring it for use on any other website, or the modification, distribution, or republication of this material without prior written permission from Armitage Auctions establishment is strictly prohibited.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the material contained on this site. The information on this site is made available to you on the understanding that it is for guidance and information purposes only.
Users should independently verify the accuracy, currency, completeness and relevance of the material on this site, or information contained in it if need be. Changes in circumstances after a document has been placed on the Internet may impact on the accuracy or currency of the information. For particular queries, or to assist in ascertaining currency of information, please contact Armitage Auctions by going to the contact page on this site.
Armitage Auctions links to other websites are provided in good faith, but no assurance can be given as to the quality, accuracy, or relevance of material on such sites. We do not control these websites and the material they contain, and therefore take no responsibility for them.
Armitage Auctions is committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information you may provide when visiting our website or registering for our newsletter. Part of that commitment is to explain what information may be collected and why, how it will be used and who may have access to it. Our practices have been designed to ensure compliance with the privacy provisions of the new Privacy Amendment (Public Sector) Act 2000. This privacy statement applies to interactions with the Armitage Auctions website. It does not apply to any other website(s) that are linked to our website.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
• When you visit our website, you do so anonymously there is no need to tell us who you are in any which way.
• If you direct an enquiry to us via the website, we will ask you to provide your name and phone number and email address for the purpose of responding to your enquiry. Only those who "need to know" - (Armitage Auctions's management) will have access to the personal information provided.
• Armitage Auctions website does not collect or retain your email address in a database format.
SESSION INFORMATION COLLECTED:
• Armitage Auctions website logs the date and time of the visit, the web pages or services accessed, the type of browser and operating system and the IP address of all site visitors. An IP address is the number automatically assigned to the computer or to the ISP (Internet Service Provider) that is requesting a website content page.
• We use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, track visitors' movements and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. Information is also collected for the purpose of assessing system performance, improving web services and web site management. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
Armitage Auctions is obligated to protect your personal information by making reasonable security arrangements against such risks as unauthorised access collection, use, disclosure or disposal. Security measures have been integrated into the design, implementation and day-to-day operating practices as part of Armitage Auctions's commitment to the protection of personal information it holds. This information is by no means sold onto interested parties, or organisational bodies that might request it.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT:
Armitage Auctions may revise this Privacy Statement from time to time to reflect changes to our web site. As a result, you should visit this page periodically to review the contents.
We are a successful Launceston (Tasmania) based auction house, established since 1972. Whether buying or selling we will strive to make your auction experience (on-site or on-line) an enjoyable and successful one. All our auctioned items (on-site or on-line) are in AU$.
Special Liquor Permit Number 93271
info[at]armitageauctions.com | (03) 6326 2555