We sell all manner of goods from antique furniture and collectors items, to modern household furniture, china, glass, metalwares, handyman items, books, art, and even motor vehicles, boats, caravans, trailers and much more... If unsure about any item you are thinking of selling, please contact our office.
We can also assist you:
- with arranging cartage of your items, if required
- providing a valuation, if requested
- packing, sorting and removing items to our auction rooms
Please be aware that vendors of goods are paid out approximately 6-8 working days after the auction.
For further details or information, please contact one of our Senior Auctioneers:
- Neil O'Brien : (03) 6326 2555 or 0408342585
- Andrew Snooks : (03) 6326 2555 or 0408315188
- Terry Bell : (03) 6326 2555
We hold regular Antique & General auctions every second Wednesday in our new White City rooms at 9 Goodman Court, Invermay in Launceston, just turn off Invermay Road at Reece Plumbing and you will find us. We also hold Special Antique Auctions including Estate Clearances as required during the year. Our auctions are advertised in the Launceston Examiner, front section of the newspaper on the Saturday prior to each auction. You may inspect all items in our rooms during the 2 days prior to the auction.
If you are not able to attend an auction, you may either leave an absentee bid at our office, email a bid to us by clicking on 'leave a bid' in our menu, or telephone us on (03) 6326 2555, or fax (03) 6326 2777.
You may also bid live on the phone (subject to approval), just contact our office.
When leaving a bid we will not be held responsible for any error made on your behalf. All items must be paid for within 2 working days of the auction and collected as soon as possible. We accept cash, eftpos, credit card (1.5% surcharge), direct debit into our trust account or cheque by prior arrangement.
We charge a buyers premium on all items purchased at auction of 14.5% plus GST (1.45%) which makes a total of 15.95% on top of the hammer price.
We can also arrange transport for your purchases if required, either in Tasmania or Interstate... Please contact us on (03) 6326 2555, for further details.
Written by: an Armitage Auctions Administrator
Dated: Tuesday, 12 August 2008 20:59
CONDITION OF SALE
1. The highest bidder shall be the purchaser but in the event of any dispute arising between two or more bidders the ultimate purchaser may be determined by the Auctioneer, whose decision shall be final or he may put up the lot or lots again.
2. The Vendors shall have the right to bid either by the Auctioneers or their Agents for any lots offered.
3. The Auctioneer may, without giving a reason, refuse to accept the bid of any person or persons, and may decline the offer for any lot or lots at any time.
4. Immediately after the fall of the hammer the buyer shall, if requested by the Auctioneers, pay a deposit of not less than 10 per cent of the purchase price of the lot and any further deposits when requested.
5. The whole of the lots having been available for inspection, no allowance or refunds will be made, nor will any buyer be permitted to reject any lot on the ground that is not correctly described, the said lots are to be taken with all faults (if any) and will be at the buyers risk on fall of the hammer and thereafter the Vendor will be free of all responsibility for safe-guarding the goods and will not be liable for any loss of or damage to the goods whether such loss or damage is caused or contributed to by any act, neglect or default of the Vendor, its servants, employees or agents.
6. Any deficiency in the quantity described shall not vitiate the sale but neither the Vendor nor the Auctioneers shall be accountable for the deficiency, damage or loss which may arise thereafter.
7. In the event of non-compliance with any of the above Terms & Conditions, all monies paid by the Purchaser shall be absolutely forfeited and the goods purchased may be sold, either by Public Auction or Private Contract, without notification at the risk and expense of the former Purchaser who shall be liable for any deficiency which may arise together with all costs and charges, but shall not be entitled to any profit which may accrue from such resale. Furthermore all items sold remain the property of the Vendor until such time as lots are fully paid for and any payment by cheque, cleared.
8. The Auctioneers are selling as agents for the respective Vendors of all lots. A commission is charged to the Vendor. The Auctioneers do not warrant the title to any lot and shall not be responsible for deficiency in any such title.
9. All lots are at risk of the Purchaser immediately upon the fall of the hammer.
10. Purchaser shall be responsible for cartage and storage costs incurred should they fail to pick up goods by the nominated time.
11. A Buyers Premium of 14.5% + GST 1.45% - (15.95% total) is payable by the purchaser on top of the hammer price on all lots sold.
Strictly cash, Visa, MasterCard, Bankcard and EFTPOS prior to delivery unless otherwise arranged with the management of Armitage Auctions - (03) 6326 2555
Last updated: (Tuesday, 12 August 2008 21:19)